Many women experience pain in thighs or lower back area during menstruation period. But many of them do not know how to get relief for menstrual cramps. Some home remedies for menstrual cramps are:
- Dip a towel in hot water and place it on the stomach. A hot water bag can also be used to ease the pain.
- Dehydration may aggravate the menstrual cramps, so it is essential to drink adequate water and increase liquid intake during the menstruation period.
- Caffeinated and aerated drinks must be avoided as they would worsen the condition and can cause irritation in the intestine.
- Practice to drink green tea, mint or peppermint tea during this discomfort caused by menstrual cramps to relieve pain.
- As the pelvic area may contest during this period, it would be better to drink hot liquids to relax the pelvic muscles and to improve the blood flow in the pelvic area.
- Increase the vitamins and minerals intake during the menstruation period. From a recent study, it was proved that weaker women tend to suffer a lot from menstrual cramps.
- Try to stretch the arms and legs during menstruation period to ease out the pain.
- Boil the water with few ginger slices and drink it to treat the cramps. Fenugreek is also an excellent spice to cure the stomach pain during the menstrual period.
- Perform regular and mild exercise for 30 minutes daily as it would increase the blood circulation to the pelvic area and can reduce the menstruation pain.
- Add few basil leaves or cinnamon powder to the hot water and drink it to decrease the stomach pain rapidly during menstruation.
These are simple ways to cure menstrual cramps. Follow the suitable home remedy regularly to get rid of the stomach ache during menstruation period.